top of page

Albanian accused of entering UK after being deported arrested over armed raid after being bailed

A SUSPECTED Albanian illegal immigrant, who was released on conditional bail, has been arrested on suspicion of involvement in an aggravated burglary involving a firearm, Essex News and Investigations can reveal.

The man, aged in his 20s, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was due to appear at a London magistrates court this week, but could not be produced into the court as he was under arrest in another part of the country.

He is alleged to have entered the UK on March 31 this year in breach of a deportation order, meaning that he allegedly must have previously been removed from the country.

He was initially remanded into custody because of his risk of absconding, due to his previous record and character,and the fact if was under investigation by police for other matters.

However, at a subsequent hearing in early July he was released on conditional bail by a district judge despite these concerns.

It was after a £2,000 security was lodged with the court and he was made to live under an electronically-monitored curfew between 8pm and 6am at a designated north London address. He was banned from entering any international travel hub and his

Albanian ID card and driving licence were retained by police.

However, at a brief hearing this week, the prosecutor said he was unable to attend as he had been arrested by a police force outside of London.

It was on suspicion of being involved in the aggravated burglary of a property involving a firearm, the court heard.

The arresting police force later confirmed that the alleged burglary took place in August, after the defendant was released on bail.

The incident also involved hammers, crowbars and an imitation firearm.

Sic other people have been charged with a number of offences, including cocaine supply, criminal cash and possessing offensive weapons in connection with the incident.

The magistrates' court also heard that the defendant is being assessed by the National Referral Mechanism as a potential victim of modern-day slavery, a process that could take 45 days.

The case was adjourned to await progress on this application and the police investigation.


bottom of page