GUN CITY: Three men shot just two days after firearms murder on two other incidents on same day


DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after three people were shot in Brent on Monday evening (August 15).

Police were called to Dog Lane at 7.01pm following reports that a person had been shot.

Officers attended and found a 17-year-old male with a gunshot wound.

Two further victims – a 21-year-old man and another man believed to be aged in his early 20s – were found nearby.

All three males were transported to hospital. The 17-year-old’s injuries have been assessed as non-life changing, the 21-year-old has a potentially life changing injury and the man believed to be in his early 20s remains in a serious but stable condition.

Police firearms officers responded as part of the incident. The suspect/s had fled prior to their arrival.

They provided emergency first aid to the victims until the arrival of paramedics.

An investigation is under way. At this early stage there have not been any arrests.

Anyone with information should call police on 101 with the reference 6551/15AUG.

Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

It comes after there were three separate firearms incidents on Saturday including the murder of Kacey Boothe, 25, who was named today.

Police were called shortly before 9.30pm on Saturday, August 13 following reports of gunshots heard in Forest Rise.

Officers attended and were informed that Kacey had already been taken to hospital in a private vehicle. Despite the best efforts of medical staff, he died in hospital.

Detective Chief Inspector Laurence Smith, from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command who are leading the investigation, said: “While we have not yet made any arrests, we are working tirelessly to identify the person or persons responsible for this senseless act of violence.

“We know that there were a number of people in the area at the time of the attack, including people who were attending a party at the community centre nearby.

“It is vital that anyone with information comes forward and speaks to us. What may seem like an insignificant detail could be the key that unlocks this case.

“I understand that after such a serious incident, the prospect of talking to the police can be daunting. I want to reassure anyone who is having doubts that we understand the courage it takes and we are here to provide every support we can to those willing to help.

“If people do not want to talk to us directly, there is also the option of contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers. They’re a separate organisation, they don’t ask for names and they can’t trace calls or IP addresses. Information provided to them is completely anonymous.

Chief Superintendent Simon Crick, in charge of policing in Waltham Forest and Newham, said: “The thoughts of all of us in the Met are with Kacey’s family as they come to terms with such a terrible loss. They will be provided with whatever support they need.

“We are in close contact with our partners and with representatives from the local community. We know how shocked so many people have been by this incident.

“We have already had additional officers deployed across Waltham Forest to provide reassurance in recent days. Residents can expect to continue to see that increased visual presence in the coming days and beyond as required.

“I would like to reiterate what DCI Smith has said about the importance of witnesses coming forward. We will do everything we can to get justice for Kacey’s family. The community can play a big part in that by being willing to support our efforts.”

Anyone with information is urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111, providing the reference 7405/14AUG.