top of page

WHAT HAPPENED? Watch last sightings of Nathan Cole not seen since left for gig 8 days ago

Detectives investigating the disappearance of a man who has not been seen for more than a week after he left for a gig he never went to have released new CCTV footage of his last known movements.

Nathan Cole, who is 32 and from the Notting Hill area, was seen on CCTV walking along Banbury Road in Walthamstow at 11:17pm on Saturday, 21 January.

There have been no further sightings of the former Bath University graduate since and while officers continue to pursue all possible lines of enquiry, they are increasingly concerned that he may have come to harm.

Extensive enquiries have been carried out in an effort to confirm Nathan’s movements on the night he was last seen. Advice has been sought from police search specialists and from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command.

It is believed Nathan, who recently started a job at London School of Economics, had been planning to attend a gig in Camden but that he did not end up going.

Officers were able to confirm he paid for four cans of lager at a shop in Blackhorse Lane, E17 at 10:05pm before boarding a 158 bus in the direction of Chingford.

10:55pm, he got off the bus outside Walthamstow Academy, close to the junction of Academy Way and Billet Road. He was picked up on residential CCTV walking along Billet Road around ten minutes later.

At 11:17hrs, he can be seen on CCTV walking west along nearby Banbury Road in the direction of the River Lea.

While the footage from Banbury Road is the last confirmed sighting of Nathan, officers believe his phone was active in the vicinity of the former Ikea store in Glover Drive, Edmonton at 12:41am. So far there has been no confirmation that Nathan was in possession of his phone at that time.

His dad Eamonn said: “It’s certainly not unusual for Nathan to go clubbing at weekends with friends, he does that quite frequently and has sometimes been out overnight staying with friends. Certainly he has never been missing or out of touch for more than 24 hours when we didn’t know where he was.”

Detective Sergeant Julie Morrow, from the Central West Missing Persons Unit, said: “More than a week has gone by since Nathan’s family had any contact with him. They are obviously extremely worried and while we are doing all we can to support them we really need the public’s help as we continue our search.

“We hope very much that we will find Nathan safe and well but with each day that passes, our concerns that he may have come to harm increase.

“Nathan has been described as an outgoing and gregarious character. He was someone who was very sociable and would engage in conversations with anyone.

“He knew the Walthamstow area and it is possible he had travelled there to meet with friends or to attend a party or gathering.

“We urgently want to hear from anyone who saw Nathan late on the night of Saturday, 21 January, early the following morning or at any time since. We would ask anyone who lives in the area he was last seen to check any CCTV or doorbell cameras.

“We would also like to hear from anyone who spoke to Nathan on the night, who knew of his plans or who knows where he might have gone or who he might have been meeting. No piece of information is too small.”


bottom of page