Seth Kneller, man arrested over Downing Street car crash in court over child abuse images
A MAN arrested after a car collided with the gates of Downing Street appeared in court yesterday charged with making indecent images of children. Seth Kneller, 43, from Crewe, appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court where he faced one count of the offence before he was remanded into custody to next appear at Southwark Crown Court on Friday, June 23. The charge was unrelated to last Thursday's incident which led to his initial arrest after a silver Kia hit the gates to Downing Street on Whitehall at about 4.20pm.
Police said yesterday he had been released under investigation in connection with the collision and also confirmed that counter terror police are involved in the investigation, although it is still not believed to be terror related. A Met Police spokesman said: "Armed officers, who were in attendance, arrested a 43-year-old man at the scene on suspicion of criminal damage and dangerous driving. He was taken into custody and has since been released under investigation in relation to this matter. "The man was charged with an unrelated matter of making indecent images of children." The force insisted that the incident is not being treated as terror related, but specialist officers are involved in the investigation. The spokesman added: "Enquires into the incident continue by officers from the Central West Command Unit, supported by officers from the Counter Terrorism Command. The incident is not being treated as terror-related." Prime Minister Rishi Sunak was in Downing Street at the time of the crash, but had been due to go and left soon after. There were no reports of any injuries as a result of the collision. ReplyReply to allForward