top of page

Murder probe after Camden stabbing as man in Gloucester held over attempted homicide

DETECTIVES are appealing for information after a fatal stabbing in Camden, north London.

Police were called by London Ambulance Service at 7:32pm on Friday, 29 December to a stabbing near Gaymead, in Abbey estate, Abbey Road.

Officers responded and found a 29-year-old man injured. They administered first aid before he was taken to a west London hospital; despite the best efforts of medical staff he was pronounced dead at 9:55pm.

His next of kin are aware. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.

A crime scene is in place and officers are working to establish what happened.

Homicide detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command have been informed and are leading the investigation.

There have been no arrests at this early stage.

Detective Chief Inspector Neil Rawlinson, leading the investigation, said: "We would like to speak to anyone who was in the area of Abbey estate on Friday night between 7 and 8pm, who may have saw or heard something they believe could be connected to this fatal stabbing.

"Another family have been left grieving the loss of a loved one due to knife crime. My team of detectives are working around the clock to identify and arrest the person responsible."

If you can help police with information or material, call 101 or post @MetCC ref 5726/29dec.

Or Crimestoppers, 100 per cent anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Meanwhile, a man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after another man was found badly wounded in Gloucester later the same night. Emergency services rushed to a property on Hatherley Road on Friday, December 29, just before 11pm after a man was injured.

The victim was taken to Southmead Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, before being transferred to Bristol Royal Infirmary. A 38-year-old man from Gloucester was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, Gloucestershire Police has said. He remains in police custody.

The force has said a police cordon is still in place at the property while the investigation continues. Officers are now appealing for information connected to the incident.


bottom of page