top of page

Man, 46, charged with double murder after boy, 15, and man, 23, stabbed to death filming rap video

A 46-year-old man was yesterday arrested on suspicion of a double murder, including a teenaged boy.

He was arrested on Saturday afternoon in connection with a knife attack that also left a third man with injuries while a rap video was reportedly being filmed.

He remained in custody at a north London police station last night.

It came as the boy was named as Leonardo Reid (above) from Islington.

Police were called at 11:33pm on Thursday, June 29, to Elthorne Road, Islington, to reports of the stabbings.

Shocked locals had described being kept awake by a group of about 30 youths who appeared to be recording a rap video around luxury cars while taking laughing gas before violence broke out.

Officers responded with paramedics from the London Ambulance Service.

Leonardo was found with stab wounds and despite the efforts of medical staff he was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, just after midnight.

It was established that a man aged 23, had also suffered stab injuries and was taken to a west London hospital, where he was also pronounced dead.

A third victim, believed aged 28, was located with a stab wound at an address in north London.

He was taken to where he remains in a non-life threatening condition.

Police believe a large number of people were present when the attack took place and are urging witnesses and those with information to come forward.

Chief Superintendent Andy Carter said: "My thoughts are with the families of the two victims who have suffered such an unimaginable loss in this shocking and unacceptable incident."

Another teenager, who was stabbed and left to die in a canal in a separate attack, was also named yesterday as police renewed appeals for information and witnesses.

Although formal identification is yet to take place, detectives named him as Victor Lee, 17, (above) from Ealing, west London.

He was pulled from the Grand Union Canal under Scrubs Lane, near Ladbrook Grove.

Police were called at approximately 5:45pm last Sunday<25 June>to reports of a male in the water suffering stab injuries.

Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene.

Victor was pulled from the water, but despite the efforts of emergency services he was pronounced dead at the scene at 6:09pm.

A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as stab wounds.

On Friday June 30 detectives arrested three males, aged 14, 15 and 17, on suspicion of murder.

On Saturday, July 1, detectives charged them with Victor's murder.

All three were also charged with robbery.

They will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday, July 3.

Detective Chief Inspector Brian Howie, from the Specialist Crime Command, said: “We are continuing to provide Victor’s family with support during this traumatic time and our thoughts remain with them.

“We have made three arrests as part of our investigation. However, I still need to hear from anyone who has information about what happened last Sunday.

“Were you in the area of the Grand Union Canal towpath near the Scrubs Lane bridge, or travelling on Scrubs Lane, between 5:15pm and 6:15pm? Did you see a fight, or hear anything that may assist with the investigation?

He also appealed for people to review dashcam footage.


bottom of page