JUST ANOTHER MURDER: Police name London's 87th homicide victim of year after fatal stabbing


Detectives have named a man who was murdered in Lambeth as they continue to appeal for witnesses to come forward.

Adrian Keise, aged 32 and from Lambeth, was stabbed during an altercation involving two groups of men in Lower Marsh Street in the early hours of Saturday, 29 October.

His family have been informed and continue to be supported by specially trained officers, but no arrests have been made.

Detective Chief Inspector Brian Howie, from the Met's Specialist Crime Command, said: "Our investigation is moving at pace and we have been carrying out a number of enquiries, including a review of CCTV from the area and a forensic examination of the scene.

"We now believe Adrian was involved in an altercation which started near to the Cubana Restaurant before moving down Lower Marsh Street. I am sure that there were people who witnessed what happened who haven't yet spoken to us about what they saw.

“You may have thought it was insignificant at the time, but it could be vital in helping us to identify those responsible."

Police were called at 2:15am on Saturday to reports of a stabbing outside the Cubana Restaurant in Lower Marsh Street, SE1.

Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service. It was reported that a 32-year-old man had been stabbed.

At around 2:30am the man was found near to a block of flats in Frazier Street, SE1. He was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital. Despite the efforts of emergency services, he died a short time later.

DCI Howie added: "Adrian had the rest of his life ahead of him and my thoughts are with his family and friends as they come to terms with his tragic death. I would urge anyone with information to do the right thing by them and contact us today."

A post-mortem examination will take place in the coming days.

Anyone with information that could help the investigation is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 681/29Oct.

You can also share information, photos and videos directly with the investigation team here.

To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Mr Howie earlier said: "A man has lost his life in the most tragic of circumstances and we will do all we can to track down those responsible. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this incredibly difficult time; they continue to be supported by specialist officers.

"While we are still in the very early stages of the investigation, we believe the victim was with a group of friends outside the Cubana Bar when there was some sort of altercation between two groups at around 2am.

After being injured, he then made his way down Lower Marsh Street and onto Frazier Street.

"We know there were a lot of people in the area at the time, either socialising or returning home, or to local hotels, and I'm keen to hear from them about what they might have seen or heard. People in the area may have assumed this was just a pub argument, and thought nothing more of it. It may have been something that you thought was insignificant at the time, but it could be vital to our investigation.

“Did you hear raised voices or see the attack take place? Did you see anyone running away from the area? Did you film or photograph the attack? If so, we need to hear from you."

The Met confirmed it was the 87th homicide probe launched this year, but a spokesman said it was a reduction on last year's levels.

He said: "This is a 23 per cent decrease compared to the same period last year, where there were 106 homicides."