ON the run serial rapist "The Beast of Kavos" was today arrested after a dramatic fall down a ravine after two weeks in hiding.
Dimitris Aspiotis, 47, (pictured above tied to a stretcher - Corfu TV News) was wanted for questioning over an alleged new attack on the island of Corfu, but had been on the run in the wilderness.
According to Corfu TV news reports, Aspiotis was spotted by a member of the public and tried to escape on a cliff at the coast north of Lefkimi.
However, he fell and was taken away tied to a stretcher.
SINISTER: Aspiotis snapped himself with girls in the background last summer on Kavos strip (Facebook)
Aspiotis carried out a string of attacks on British tourists and holiday workers at the Corfu resort.
He had been in hiding since a 34-year-old Albanian woman alleged he kept her hostage and raped her at knifepoint over two days before she was found in a hut on Saturday, May 9.
She had been reported missing by her husband two days earlier after she vanished from their home in the nearby town of Lefkimi.
There were unconfirmed local reports that a firearm was found near to where Aspiotis had been.
Last August the Sunday Express exposed how Aspiotis had been let out of a 52-year jail term, he received in December 2012, 43 years early and was back roaming bars around the popular holiday resort, with tourists given no warnings.
He was convicted of raping seven women, but it is believed the true number of victims could be much higher.
HUNT: Police search for Aspiotis during week one of the manhunt (YouTube)
Unaware who Aspiotis was the Albanian couple invited him to their home on the evening of May 6, but it has been reported in Greece that the husband believes he drugged them both before making off with the woman.
He reported her missing on May 7.
A spokeswoman for the Greek Police confirmed the searches were to locate Aspiotis following an allegation of rape.
Locals in Kavos said Aspiotis had been aided by a small number of people who provided him food and water.
Aspiotis last posted on his Facebook page on May 9, the day the latest alleged victim was found, mentioning Albanians and saying he was "taking an axe."
He had earlier replied "no" the same day to our reporter who asked him through the social media site if the allegations were true.
Searches involving several police units and helicopters took place in the first week, but locals said they appeared to stop before today's action.
SELFIE: Aspiotis as seen on his Facebook page (Facebook)
Greek media reported that it appeared he had been "swallowed up by the ground."
Victim Kayleigh Morgan, 32, who waived her anonymity following Aspiotis' release, was told by the judge he would die in prison, and warned he would strike again after his release.
A British victim, who was not involved in the prosecutions, has also come forward on Facebook to speak of her shock that Aspiotis is facing another rape allegation.
The woman, who we are not naming, said: "This may come as a shock, as I haven't opened up about this except to my close family, but now I feel I have to.
"A few years ago, I was raped and sexually assaulted while in Kavos.
"It was an horrific, violent and evil attack that left me with PTSD.
"It was only six years later that they finally ran the DNA from my attacker through their database and it matched this man Dimitris Aspiotis aka the Beast of Kavos.
Before his arrest in August 2010, Aspiotis managed to evade capture for ten days by hiding in woods and hills around the resort, that he knows like the "back of his hand," according to Greek media.
HAPPY: Kayleigh Morgan just weeks before the horrific attack by Aspiotis (Kayleigh Morgan)
Ms Morgan was a holiday rep aged 23 when she was dragged into woods at knifepoint in August 2010.
Aspiotis raped her at knifepoint five times during a 14-hour ordeal after stalking her near woods.
She said: "I want to make sure he gets locked away for good this time. My heart goes out to his latest victim. She would never have been in this position if the sentence I got him was kept to by the Greek authorities."
In a Greek TV interview that Aspiotis did before the new allegations he said he was a changed man.
He told the Sunday Express last year he would never rape again after getting off drugs.
Last year, the Greek Ministry of Justice had refused to confirm his early under a controversial new law to ease prison overcrowding.
It is believed the Greek authorities were reluctant to give any official warnings about Aspiotis’s release due to fears of the effect on tourism.